What I call Aspen Kale Salad originally appeared on the local restaurant LuLu Wilson’s menu, and has since become an Aspen staple, even found pre-made at the grocery store.
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1 lemon
- 1/2ish cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2ish cup dried cherries
- 1/3ish cup pine nuts
- 1/3ish cup crumbled goat cheese (I always use local artisan made Avalanche)
- 1/4ish cup grated parmesan
1. Juice lemon into a measuring cup or mini food processor, and add a generous pinch of both salt and pepper. Whisk in twice as much olive oil as lemon juice.
2. Tear kale into big bite pieces. Coat generously with dressing, and let marinate at room temperature for at least an hour.
3. Toss in the cherries, pine nuts, and cheeses.